- December 5, 2017 8:30 am - 10:00 am
Making a mistake in the calculation or timing of a utility allowance and/or failing to analyze the effect on tenant rents can be costly. During this webinar, you will learn:
- How utility allowances affect your rents what methods are allowed by the IRS and by your state, how they work
- What makes the most sense for your property
- If, when, why and how you can or should change the method you are using
- How other funding sources (HUD/RD/HOME) affect your choices; and
- Your responsibilities to the tenant, the owner and monitoring agency
Speaker: Gwen Volk
Since 1984, Gwen Volk has assisted owners, agents, and on-site staff in navigating the programs that provide housing for low and moderate income families. Her experience includes 16 years as VP and CEO for a Midwest property management company and 13 years as compliance director for a Dallas firm overseeing LIHTC, tax-exempt bond, HOME, and Section 8 compliance on more than 50 properties in 11 states.
Through Gwen Volk INFOCUS, Inc., she has provided HUD and Tax Credit training and consulting in 36 states. Gwen has twice served on NAHMA’s board of directors and chaired its Fair Housing and Training and Education committees. Since 2009 she has been a member of IREM’s Federal Housing Advisory Board. She serves on the SHCM Technical (Exam) Committee and is the current chair of the SHCM Advisory Committee.
She holds the CPM, NAHP-e, SHCM, HCCP, CPO, FHC and RAM designations and is a NAHMA-certified trainer for the CPO, FHC and ACPO courses. Gwen is an informative and engaging instructor who uses an active learning approach.
For a full refund, cancellation needs to be completed 7 days prior to training session date. You will be charged full registration if cancellation is not done within that stated period