HUD’s Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public Engagement, Dr. Ruth T. Jones Nichols, is inviting you to participate in a consultation session (June 23, 2023, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. EST) designed to assist HUD in developing regulations and related guidance for HUD’s implementation of the Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization Act of 2022 (VAWA 2022).
Your input is welcome during a consultation session designed to inform regulations and related guidance that will:
- define standards of compliance under HUD’s VAWA covered housing programs;
- include detailed reporting requirements, including the number of VAWA emergency transfers requested and granted, as well as the length of time needed to process emergency transfers; and
- include standards for corrective action plans where VAWA compliance standards have not been met.
Feedback on other issues related to HUD’s implementation of VAWA’s housing provisions is also welcomed.
Individuals and organizations with expertise in one or both of the following areas may participate in the upcoming consultation session:
- expertise in the housing needs and experiences of victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking; and/or
- expertise in the administration or management of covered housing programs, including industry stakeholders and public housing agencies.
Register in advance (no later than one business day before the scheduled consultation session) to participate.
- VAWA Consultation Session (Housing Providers and Trade Associations): June 23, 2023 (1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. EST) – Click here to register.