Website WSH Management
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician/Porter to join the team at our 196-unit, high rise senior apartment community near Western Avenue and W. Adams Boulevard in Los Angeles.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping the appearance of the property in excellent condition, both inside and out. The ideal candidate can complete a variety of tasks simultaneously, while also delivering a high level of customer service. Also responsible for the upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings of multi-family residential apartments.
There are no typical days, as change is a constant. Daily responsibilities could include running work orders (electrical, plumbing, basic HVAC etc.), appliance repairs, carpentry, and exterior maintenance. In addition, maintenance technicians often have the responsibility to respond to after hour emergencies. Therefore, being on-call is part of the job responsibilities. All maintenance tools will be provided for use at the property.
Working hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Mon-Fri) and on-call for after-hours emergencies.
– 20% of duties will be dedicated to cleaning and 80% dedicated to basic maintenance duties.
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as basic HVAC, basic boiler knowledge, electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, flooring, hardware accessories, painting, waste management systems, boiler, etc.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform turn-key work as required to ensure vacant apartment homes are rent-ready in a timely manner.
- Maintain customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow-through to ensure issue are resolved.
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- Walking, inspecting, upkeep clean and maintain pristine cleanliness of lobbies, hallways, restrooms, elevators, stairways, and other common areas including washing, dusting, polishing, etc. Maintain common area floors including, wash and wax hard surface flooring, vacuuming carpets and rugs, washing carpets and rugs, cleaning tile grout, etc. Maintain common area walls, windows, and doors including, wash and clean, and washing windows. Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas. Empty all trash receptacles and transport trash to the disposal area. Grounds Maintenance includes walking and picking up debris, cleaning of trash enclosures. As applicable, cleans restrooms: sweeps and mops floors. Refills all dispensers such as hand towels, toilet paper & hand soap. Cleans toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors & counters.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years Apartment Maintenance or equivalent.
- Possess proficiency of the English language, including the ability to understand and communicate effectively with other employees, customers and vendors who only speak English as necessary to perform essential job duties.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven working experience as a janitor / porter.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Familiarity with Safety Data Sheets.
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and have own transportation. (Mileage reimbursed based on Federal mileage rates.)
- Candidate will be required to pass a background and drug screening. (A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you from employment with WSH Management.)
FULL benefit package includes:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution.
- Salary: $20.00 per hour
WSH Management provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. If needed, reasonable accommodations for the hiring process will be made.
WSH Management is a drug free workplace.
WSH Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com