- HUD Announced that Laurie Cannady Udit is the new Los Angeles Area Field Office Director beginning July 6th.
- HUD has released a new COVID-19 Resources and Fact Sheets as part of its 07/01/2020 newsletter.
- HOME and HTF income and rent limits were recently published, effective July 1, 2020.
- HUD has updated the Community Planning and Development (CPD) Income Eligibility Calculator with FY 2020 income. The FY 2020 Income Limits were effective as of July 1, 2020 for all programs except ESG, for which FY 2020 Income Limits became effective on April 1, 2020. The income limits can be viewed on the HUD Exchange. Please direct any comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HUD publishes new 2020 limits for HOME maximum per-unit subsidies. View the 2020 Section 234 limits and guidance on the HOME maximum per-unit subsidy limits.
- Reminder: Procedures in the event of Resident Displacement and/or Property Damage were sent out. More information can be found at https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/mfh/disasterguide.
- Watch for more news on REAC inspections and MORs – they are coming, but probably in the 4th quarter.
- S.4116 was introduced on 6/30 for discussion to extend the authority for commitments for the paycheck protection program and separate amounts authorized for other loans under section 7(a) of the Small Business Act.
- H.J Res.90 – Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency relating to “Community Reinvestment Act Regulations”.
The 2020 conference will be an “un-conference” August 31-September 4, 2020. More information conference.housingca.org.
Please visit their website for more housing news and their current projects and bills being supported www.housingca.org.
STATE OF CALIFORNIA:
- Governor Newsom signed a $202 billion pandemic budget that could be revised if federal funds become available.
TAX CREDIT ALLOCATION COMMITTEE
- Please see the 2020 Credit Estimates published to the TCAC website.
- The 2020 TCAC Competitive application has been revised due to a formula error. The updated application is available on the website at http://www.treasurer.ca.gov/ctcac/2020/application/index.asp.
- Advisory information for 2nd round applicants is available – 2020 Second Round Guidance.
- Guidance for the placed in service deadline extensions for COVID-19 disaster declaration is available on the website.
- The California Tax Credit Allocation Committee – Compliance Section has just released the updated 2020 Online Compliance Manual. It can be found at: https://www.treasurer.ca.gov/ctcac/compliance/manual/manual.pdf
CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
Two landlords filed a lawsuit challenging the California courts’ refusal to hear eviction proceedings.
On June 25th, Nevada’s Governor held a press conference to announce amendments to the eviction and foreclosure moratoria originally issued on March 29th in Directive 008. Amendments are detailed in Declaration of Emergency Directive 025. Please go to the State website for details.