- Article on ending the eviction ban and has the owner/agent point of view: https://www.ocregister.com/2020/07/29/vote-planned-to-end-californias-eviction-ban/
- The Employment Development Department, and its myriad problems as it struggles to keep up with skyrocketing pandemic unemployment, is going to be on the agenda today, specifically the agenda of a subcommittee of the Assembly Budget Committee
- The California Tax Credit Allocation Committee has release a MEMO on IRS Guidance for Recertifications and Monitoring for the remainder of 2020. This can be found on our website at: https://www.treasurer.ca.gov/ctcac/compliance.asp
- The tax credit updated round 2 applicant list is now on the website.
- The 2020 credit estimates can also be found at www.treasurer.ca.ctcac
- The California Department of Real Estate issued a statement regarding HUD’s announcement to end the 2015 Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFHA) rule that will roll back provisions in the Fair Housing Act that encourage diversification and “foster inclusive communities.” CAR is requesting HUD rescind its final rule on Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing opening the door for communities to increase segregation and deprive many Americans of housing.
From Housing California: The National Low Income Housing Coalition and the National Alliance to End Homelessness met and in partnership with allies developed the Framework for an Equitable COVID-19 Homelessness Response, which identifies ways to leverage federal resources to end homelessness.
- A library of resources has been put together for Distressed Cities Technical Assistance (DCTA) recipients impacted by a natural disaster including COVID-19. Click here to access this resource library.
- Additional HOME Program reports are available on the HOME Program Page.
- S.Res661: A resolution recognizing the importance of independent living for individuals with disabilities made possible by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and calling for further action to strengthen home and community living for individuals with disabilities.