- March 26, 2020 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Basics of Effective Written Communications Session will provide participants the tools necessary to immediately improve and build on their written communication skills. The first session provides a preliminary overview on the elements and structure of emails and letters. This session will build on the framework and focus on the writing. Grammar will be addressed but will not be the primary focus. The focus will be on how to use tools to produce a highly effective and professional communication.
Session will address the following topics:
- How to Prepare an Effective Letter
- How to Ensure Proper Punctuation, Capitalization and Spelling
- What to Include or Not to Include in Your Written Communications
- Pre- and post-assessment: Proof a Letter
- Practice drafting a basic letter and email response
- Peer proofing and feedback
Instructor: Velma de la Rosa
*** Please arrive by 8:30 a.m. for registration; Session will start promptly at 9:00 a.m. ***
—- Lunch is on your own —-
For a full refund, cancellation needs to be completed 7 days prior to training session date via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be charged full registration if cancellation is not done within that stated period.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at: email@example.com
Venue: Century Villages at Cabrillo
Venue Phone: 562-388-8107Address: