Website Retirement Housing Foundation
The mission of RHF (Retirement Housing Foundation), a national non-profit organization, is to provide various housing options and services for older adults, low income families and persons with disabilities, in an environment which enhances their quality of life – physically, mentally, and spiritually. RHF is committed to serving its residents and their local communities. Please visit our website at www.rhf.org for additional company information. RHF is an equal opportunity employer.
We currently have an open position for a Korean speaking Social Service Coordinator at our site Angelus Plaza, located in Los Angeles, CA. This is a Full-Time Position.
- Serve as an advocate/ liaison between management, and outside agencies that provide social, health benefits, training, and other services for seniors to age in place.
- Provide information & referral, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution.
- Monitor resident referrals between administration and other departments.
- Conduct home visits
- Make resident assessments
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in AASC Submit monthly reports to Social Service Coordinator Director, Lead SSC, and FAME
- Distribution of monthly taxi vouchers/ bus coupons
- Entering data into MetoTAP database
- Heavy translation of flyers, memos, documents, and presentations
- Assist the outside community seniors
- Promote and participate in Project H.A.N.D.S
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Gerontology, and/or Sociology, with
experience and training in the field.
- Experience in working with a diverse group of seniors and persons with disabilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills (must be a people person)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines
- Must be able to handle constant change in a fast-paced environment and be able to deal with multiple people and various situations simultaneously
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- Experience with using Microsoft office programs
- Proficiency in English and Korean
All employment is contingent upon passing a drug test and background check. If you are interested and qualified, please email resume to Kristal Olvera, Administrator at Kristal.firstname.lastname@example.org fax to 213.626.7352.
To apply for this job email your details to Kristal.email@example.com