Website Retirement Housing Foundation
The mission of RHF (Retirement Housing Foundation), a national non-profit organization, is to provide various housing options and services for older adults, low income families and persons with disabilities, in an environment which enhances their quality of life – physically, mentally, and spiritually. RHF is committed to serving its residents and their local communities. Please visit our website at www.rhf.org for additional company information. RHF is an equal opportunity employer.
We currently have an open position for a Program Coordinator at our Angelus Plaza located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Develop, schedule, coordinate and implement activity programs based on the needs of the Angelus Plaza Residents and Community.
- Compose, distribute and/or post program activities, calendars, flyers and monthly newsletters.
- Organize and facilitate field trips; review budgets with Department Director.
- Planning Special Events: developing a budget for the event and secure approval from the Department Director; Request Volunteers from Community Relations Coordinator to assist with the event.
- Organize and display thematic/holiday decorations.
- Schedule (assist), coordinate and implement guest speakers, entertainment, classes.
- Purchase and maintain approved equipment and supplies for residents (e. g. computers, pool table, board games, cards, bingo equipment, etc.)
- Accounts Payable: Code and record all invoices in the appropriate account in the Excel Spreadsheet. Process and submit the invoices in timely manner. Secure appropriate signatures, make a copy to file and submit original to the Administrator for approval and submission to the bookkeeper.
- Purchase supplies and food for various events.
- Maintain accurate records of petty cash and check requests.
- Maintain accurate records and procedures regarding bus usage log, vehicle mileage for work related trips. (DOT)
- Maintain records and procedures regarding prior approvals for check requests and ordering of special supplies and/or equipment.
- Assist with set up and tear down for all events.
- Attend training(s) as needed and approved.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Department Director.
- Candidate should have a High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates degree or higher.
- At least two (2) years of Experience in providing services to the senior population and understanding their needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills (must be a people person).
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and social media.
This is a Full-Time position. All employment is contingent upon passing a drug test and background check. Must provide proof of being fully vaccinated (COVID-19) prior to being employed.
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume to Kira Yakubovich, Director at Fax: 213.626.7352