Website Many Mansions
Many Mansions is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable, and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Facilities Manager. The facilities Manager will manage the processes involved in the maintenance, renovation (for projects under $250,000) and security of Many Mansions owned, leased, and managed buildings and facilities. Duties will include planning, scheduling, assigning, and supervising Many Mansions’ maintenance personnel.; control quality by conducting frequent inspections of maintenance and contractor work in progress, and evaluating housing inspections; assess renovation needs and prepare deficiency lists, cost estimates, plans and specifications; oversee the bid process, with direction from the Vice President of Property Management, monitor construction, and coordinate payments to contractors.
- Job Title – Facilities Manager
- Division – Property Management
- Department – Maintenance
- Status – Exempt
- Supervisor/ Reporting – Vice President of Property Management
- Supervisorial Responsibilities – Oversees the Maintenance Technicians
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers, working after hours when necessary.
- Ensures compliance with Affirmative Fair Housing regulations and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action policies, including federal, state, and local governing agency requirements.
- Manages the maintenance and upkeep of all assigned properties as well as minor rehabilitations (under $250,000) in a timely manner, with proper monitoring of the work completed.
- Diagnoses and fixes HVAC systems, faucets, toilets, light fixtures, hot waters heaters and other needs of the property as needed per inspections and work orders.
- Monitors maintenance supplies, work orders and unit turns for budget and timeline adherence, utilizing the property management software.
- Acts as the facilities’ Safety Officer under OSHA. Is responsible for ensuring that the Many Mansions managed properties, as facilities, comply with all state, federal, and local laws and regulations, including all OSHA regulations, handicap accessibility requirements, etc. This also includes any additional requirements regulatory agencies, insurance companies, etc.
- Works with property management staff on establishing best regarding practices, procedures, techniques, materials, improvements, procurement, inventory control, vendors, supplies, etc., for residential multi-family properties.
- Participates in the preparation and implementation of all Many Mansions’ managed properties’ operating budgets and forecasts, especially in the areas of maintenance, janitorial, and capital needs and expenditures.
- Develops and implements a training program for the maintenance staff on maintenance procedures, ‘best practices’, safety, use of equipment and tools, industry standards, technology, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Conditions:
- Possesses communications skills, including but not limited to, the ability—
- To speak and write English clearly, meaningfully, and persuasively.
- To speak, listen, and respond effectively with and among staff, agencies, residents, donors, lenders, investors, partners, and community members.
- Able to speak and write Spanish clearly is highly desired.
- Has proficiency in computer and computer applications, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and data management programs. Should be skilled in property management software such as Yardi Voyager.
- Driving is required for this position. Therefore, the staff member must have the legal ability to drive a motor vehicle in California, proof of a valid California driver’s license, and adequate motor vehicle insurance.
- Has experience in the maintenance of multifamily housing. This includes, but is not limited to,–
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Five plus years of experience in the maintenance of an apartment complex is required.
- A nationally accredited certification like CAMT strongly preferred.
- Has a demonstrated ability to work well with others and provide leadership. Must be self-motivated, creative, and have ability to set priorities independently. Must be able to adhere to all company policies and procedures, in addition to all State, federal and local laws and regulations.
- Possesses strong mathematical and reasoning skills. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to perform basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, decimals, etc.), the ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists, and the ability to interpret data and/or instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools and/or controls, talk and hear. The staff member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The staff member must be able to lift and/or move up to 20-40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job position has a moderate to high stress work environment. The work environment may have frequent interruptions, time constraints, and emotional demands. Noise level is low to moderate. The corporate culture is friendly and goal oriented. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There must be willingness and an ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to ColleenM@manymansions.org