Website Many Mansions
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for the daily support and review of site compliance activity related to the company’s affordable housing projects within the portfolio and contracts. The Compliance Specialist will be required to monitor Many Mansions’ company policies and procedures related to Section 42, Bond, HOME, Project-Based Section 8, VASH, City Inclusionary Programs, and all other applicable governing programs. The Compliance Specialist is responsible for conducting Annual Contracts (recertifications) and Interims (adjustments during the year). They will create monthly billings (voucher) to HUD, run TRACS, post tenant rents, open and close each property monthly, and maintain all tenant files outlined by regulatory agencies and Company standards and procedures.
- Job Title – Compliance Specialist
- Division – Property Management
- Department – Compliance
- Status – Non-Exempt
- Supervisor/ Reporting – Vice President of Property Management
- Supervisorial Responsibilities – None
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring that Many Mansions is operating in compliance with all regulatory agreements, current affordable housing program guidelines, and company procedures.
- Supervise the properties related to compliance competence, ensuring the portfolio is in compliance with current Federal, State and/or local laws concerning the various affordable housing programs in which we operate.
- Collaborate with Asset Managers, Regional Managers, and upper management to develop, recommend, and maintain all necessary Compliance Procedures and Policy Manuals; especially related to Section 42, Bond, HOME, Project-Based Section 8, VASH, City Inclusionary Programs, and all other applicable governing programs.
- Calculate maximum income and rent limits (tax credit, HCD, etc.) based on the applicable (e.g. HUD) area median income limits for each property within the portfolio; track and update utility allowance schedules quarterly to ensure compliance with all rent calculations and charges.
- Perform file reviews with Division staff to ensure program requirements are being met within the portfolio.
- Coordinate compliance inspections by outside monitoring agencies: California Tax Credit Allocation Committee (CTCAC), California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD), Urban Futures, Federal Home Loan Bank, Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department and other city-based inclusionary housing programs. Notify site staff of pending inspection(s).
- Perform site visits for random file audits of resident certification files.
- Provide direct portfolio support in assisting with questions or resources relative to the funding program guidelines for all site and Division staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Conditions:
- Excellent communications skills, including but not limited to, the ability—
- To speak, write and read fluently.
- To write reports and other correspondence clearly, meaningfully, and persuasively.
- Well versed in grammar, proper syntax and correspondence structure.
- Has proficiency in computer and computer applications, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and data management programs. Knowledge of Yardi Property Management software is desired.
- Driving is required for this position. Therefore, the staff member must have the legal ability to drive a motor vehicle in California, proof of a valid California driver’s license, and adequate motor vehicle insurance.
- Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree, highly desired.
- Must have experience with affordable housing property management and programs like Section 8, VASH, Section 42, MHP, AHP.
- Has a proven ability to work well with others and provide leadership. Must be self-motivated, and have ability to set priorities independently. Must be able to adhere to all company policies and procedures, in addition to all state, federal and local laws & regulations.
- Excellent mathematical and reasoning skills. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to perform basic mathematical functions including addition, multiplication, division, including fractions, decimals & percentages. The ability to resolve practical problems in
situations where only limited data or information exists, and the ability to interpret data and/or instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools and/or controls, talk and hear. The staff member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The staff member must be able to lift and/or move up to 20-40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job position has a moderate to high stress work environment. The work environment may have frequent interruptions, time constraints, and emotional demands. Noise level is low to moderate. The corporate culture is friendly and goal oriented. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. There must be an ability to work nights and weekends, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to ColleenM@manymansions.org