Website Many Mansions
The Asset Management Analyst performs a wide range of duties in Many Mansions’ Asset Management Department. The Asset Management Analyst’s primary duty is to help ensure that the assets of the organization are meeting the organization’s mission in a fiscally responsible manner. The Asset Management Analyst reports directly to the Asset Manager.
- Job Title – Asset Management Analyst
- Division – Real Estate
- Status – Non-Exempt (Part/Full time)
- Hours – 24 to 40 hours per week
- Supervisor/ Reporting – Asset Manager
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with managing the CDBG Capital Projects. This includes but, is not limited to applying for CDBG capital project funding, HUD & City reporting requirements, key stakeholder collaboration, and basic construction oversight.
- Help oversee large capital projects. This includes obtaining bids, scheduling, negotiating, designing, complying with all applicable funding requirements, and communicating with key stakeholders.
- Help provide oversight to the organization by visiting properties in the Portfolio, reviewing & reporting on standard metrics.
- Assist in the monitoring of the Portfolio’s overall financial performance (e.g., review property financials, help develop property budgets, and track significant variances to the budget).
- Assist with the Long-Term Capital Plans for the Properties – including recommendations for needed improvements and plans for feasible implementation of improvements.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders at Many Mansions and other agencies on the status of projects, construction coordination, and others as needed.
- Assist in selecting and writing the construction specifications book for our current and future developments.
- Assist in managing insurance claims after unplanned incidents resulting in significant damage. Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to, filing the insurance claim, working with the insurance adjusters, obtaining bids for repairs, and overseeing the construction of project.
- Yardi reporting and research for funding requirements, and Many Mansions’ financial analytics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Conditions:
- Excellent communications skills, including but not limited to, the ability…
- To speak, write and read English fluently.
- To write reports and other correspondence clearly, meaningfully, and persuasively.
- To speak, listen, and respond effectively with and among staff, agencies, residents, and others;
- To help give presentations and speak effectively before groups and organizations.
- Bilingual speaking and writing ability will be seen as a plus.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and Internet resources. Yardi software experience preferred.
- Driving is required for this position. Therefore, the applicant must have the legal ability to drive a motor vehicle in California, proof of a valid California driver’s license, and adequate motor vehicle insurance.
- At least two years of nonprofit affordable housing experience or bachelor’s degree in real estate, architecture, urban planning, business or public administration or a related field is required. A graduate degree or one year of experience in asset management, in particular affordable housing asset management, is highly desirable. A real estate license is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and provide leadership.
- Good mathematical and reasoning skills. This includes, but is not limited to, the ability to perform intermediate mathematical skills, the ability to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists, and the ability to interpret data and/or instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools and/or controls, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20-40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Moderate to high stress work pace. Environment may have frequent interruptions, time constraints, and emotional distress. Noise level is low to moderate. Corporate culture is friendly and goal oriented. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Affordable housing, real estate, construction, asset management, property management, or related certifications/licenses desirable. Ability to work overtime, as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to Colleenm@manymansions.org